Intolerance to milk, not poisoning

Just a few days ago there was a news report that at least 56 school children in Rio San Juan suffered food poisoning after drinking what is thought to be contaminated milk. The children who were affected were taken to several medical centers with symptoms such as nausea, stomachache, vomiting, diarrhea and general weakness.
I thought it was pretty humorous the following day when the news informed us that actually the children had simply suffered from intolerance to the flavored milk and had not been poisoned by the Ladom milk product.
I’m not sure what to believe but I think I’ll stay away from the milk provided by the government for a while!

No comments: